Harvey Weinstein, arguably one of the most crucial figures in the #MeToo movement, was convicted and imprisoned for sexual assault earlier this year. The dishonored tycoon has since spent his time behind bars in a New York prison.
Unfortunately for the ex-executive of Miramax, Harvey is on a new batch of charges in Los Angeles. But Page Six said earlier today that the producer would not be extradited to the city due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Coincidentally, the former producer contracted the disease a few months ago. According to the newspaper, a spokesperson for the LA district attorney’s office said the virus had slowed the extradition process. Harvey Weinstein Won’t Be Extradited To LA Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
The spokesman added that there is currently no time limit for when Harvey will appear in a Los Angeles courtroom. As previously reported, Harvey has been charged with sexual penetration and forced oral copulation, in addition to two counts of sexual violence in Los Angeles.
The charges come from three separate women. A case allegedly took place on February 18, 2013, while he was at the MC Beverly Hills hotel. The producer allegedly attacked an Italian model that day, then Lauren Young the next day at the Montage Beverly Hills Hotel.